Stoltzfus Eats: Ham & Cheese Puffs
If your family is like mine, after Easter is finished we are always on the hunt for recipe ideas for our leftover Easter ham. Today's Stoltzfus Eats recipe is quick and easy and repurposes your leftovers in the most delicious way! This recipe was adapted from I Am Baker and was a big hit with my whole family.
What you'll need for this recipe:
2 10 inch puff pastry sheets
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups Stoltzfus Meats ham, diced
2 cups fresh spinach
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the puff pastry sheets into 5-inch squares. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the warm milk in 2 batches, whisking constantly until smooth and boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add in spinach and cook for 1 minute, just until wilted.
- Add ham and 1 cup of Swiss cheese and stir well. Set aside.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top with a heaping spoonful of ham and cheese mixture, and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Fold the corners onto the top, forming a smaller square.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash, making sure to coat all sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until puffed and golden.
As always, if you make this recipe, we would love to hear about it. Please let us know in the comments or be sure to tag us on social media. Thanks for joining us for Stoltzfus Eats… where feeding you is our pleasure!