Stoltzfus Eats: Ham and Bean Soup
Today's Stoltzfus Eats post may be the easiest recipe we've ever featured. With just 4 ingredients (and one of them being water), this recipe requires almost no active cooking time and the end result is a flavorful soup sure to please the whole family! Without further ado, let's get into the recipe for Ham and Bean Soup.
What you'll need for this recipe:
- 2 T butter
- 1 Stoltzfus smoked ham hock
- 1 pack Bac'n flavored split pea dried soup mix
- 5 cups water
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat. Sear ham hocks on all sides until golden brown (approx. 3-4 minutes per side).
- Place the ham hocks, dried soup mix, and water in a crockpot. Cook for 5-6 hours on low, until the ham hock is tender and falling off the bone.
- Remove the ham hocks from the crockpot. Shred the ham hocks on a cutting board and return the meat to the crockpot.
- Stir everything together in the crockpot and serve.
And... that's it! I don't know about you, but I'm always a fan of recipes that require minimal effort and give maximum results - and this ham and bean soup recipe absolutely falls into that category.
As always, if you make this recipe, we would love to hear about it. Please let us know in the comments or be sure to tag us on social media. Thanks for joining us for Stoltzfus Eats… where feeding you is our pleasure!