Today's Stoltzfus Eats post features a recipe that's been a favorite of my family's since I found it a few years ago while searching for ideas for side dishes for grilling. Not only is this recipe super simple, it is incredibly delicious AND can be made directly on your grill while the rest of your meal is cooking.
This recipe is slightly adapted from Mom On Timeout. We hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
What you'll need for this recipe:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 T ranch dressing mix
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded (approximately 2 1/2 cups)
8 slices of Stoltzfus Meats hickory smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
Instructions (grill method):
- Preheat the grill. Line a sheet pan with heavy-duty foil doubled up, and oil the foil.
- Cut the bread in half, length-wise, and place the halves on the foil lined pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, ranch, shredded cheese, and bacon.
4. Spread the mayo mixture evenly on top of the bread.
5. Place the foil on the grill over indirect heat and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Because this recipe is so delicious, you might find yourself craving it when the weather isn't conducive for grilling. No worries - this recipe can also be made using the broiler! Broiling instructions can be found in the printable PDF version of this recipe.
As always, if you make this recipe, we would love to hear about it. Please let us know in the comments or be sure to tag us on social media. Thanks for joining us for Stoltzfus Eats… where feeding you is our pleasure!